Pentair MiniMax NT 400 Fan Assembly

Feb 11, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I was able to take apart the blower assembly part # 472374 to get to the fan assembly part # 1-6143 and was able to remove it. My question is the rotation part # 1-6143 says it's ccw. when i face the fan it's rotation is cw. Please don't think is a dumb question, but is the rotation with the fan facing away or towards you. I just want to get the right part. 25.00 is easier than 400.00.

/Users/Tellico/Desktop/rusted_fan.jpg

I was able to take apart the blower assembly part # 472374 to get to the fan assembly part # 1-6143 and was able to remove it. My question is the rotation part # 1-6143 says it's ccw. when i face the fan it's rotation is cw. Please don't think is a dumb question, but is the rotation with the fan facing away or towards you. I just want to get the right part. 25.00 is easier than 400.00.

Usually they orient the threads to be fastened in such a manner that as the fan spins it naturally tightens it, like an impeller to a motor shaft.

Nothing is threaded on these. They slip on the shaft and then there is a screw that tightens to keep it in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised you were able to remove the squirrel cage. Usually they are frozen in place and they won't budge.

- - - Updated - - -

Usually they orient the threads to be fastened in such a manner that as the fan spins it naturally tightens it, like an impeller to a motor shaft.

There are no threads involved.

I never paid any attention to the spin direction because I've never been able to get the darn thing off of it. Here is a picture of a new motor. Maybe it will help you.

20150213_161705.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.