Intelliflo VF in VS mode

Hi JasonLion,

Thanks for the welcome and the answer.

Ugh, OK I'll take a look to figure out my options for an (inexpensive) external controller. I've got an older pool with 1.5 inch plumbing and it's been very hit and miss on it not coming on properly when trying to detect prime and flow. Maybe possible to disable all those safety sensors?

Thanks!

Have you tried reducing the flow rate of the prime mode? With 1.5" pipe I would keep both prime and max flow below 50 GPM.

Hi Mark,

I looked up the settings I had on it from some documentation (I'm at work right now). Looks like I had:
Max Priming Flow = 30 GPM
Max Priming Time = 8 Min.
System Priming Time = 0 Min.
Clean Filter Pressure = 20 PSI

I was never able to find any sweet spot (without priming issues or filter issues) for it so I ended up just setting it to a low RPM and leave it on 24/7. My pool is crystal clear, so that's nice, but this setup is (I assume) an overkill in the winter.

30 GPM is probably too low for priming and to evacuate the air in the pump basket. I know I can't prime on low speed and that is around 35 GPM. Have you tried something around 50 GPM?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.