Bleach Prices 2015

I'm fortunate enough to live right around the corner from Michigan State University. I've found their University Store to have the best price I've seen around. They carry Gallons of 12.5%, and sell them in cases of 4 at $7.87. So about $1.97/gallon.
UStores : Item# - 15522500

EDIT: So they must have previously sold it to me wrong, as today they informed me that is the individual gallon price. Never mind nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Thank you. I looked them up and they are local and sell other items as well. The $1 Million question is what is the production date? Still a great deal.
Bought 3 gallons from OSJL in East Haven, CT yesterday, dated 6/23/15.

The 12.5% at that store seems to move quickly, and according to pool math is right on the money at 12.5%

Dom

Bought 3 gallons from OSJL in East Haven, CT yesterday, dated 6/23/15.

The 12.5% at that store seems to move quickly, and according to pool math is right on the money at 12.5%

Dom

Yes, the Ocean Odd Job Lot Store (Exit 109) off Garden State Parkway, 1.5 miles heading East on right hand side, sells the 12.5% at $3 and it is fresh. A lot of the gallons did not have the date stamped. I did find some in the back of the store with the date and it is only about 2-4 weeks at max. It keeps getting better and better. The Pool Stores sell it for $6 (Leslie's and other's). Found a pool store for $5. Purchased a lot at a discount for $4 and now $3. Very convenient as well. You can stop 3X for the whole summer and have fresh bleach. Target has fresh 8.25% at $3 per gallon. It makes more sense to get the 12.5%, if used within 4-8 weeks.

If anyone knows other places in NJ, please post.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If anyone living in the South US, have an Atwoods store close by. I have been using their gallons of 10%(Named Online Pool Shock) for several years now. Was on sale yesterday for $8.00 for a 4 gallon case.

I thank Cowboy Casey very day for telling us about this place. They are around the corner from me and I never stopped in. The chlorine is right by the registers on a pallet. I am in and out with my five cases in under 10 minutes the boxes makes it so much easier to carry. No more hauling multiple bottles of bleach through Walmart and dealing with those stupid safety seals. Plus, it is cheaper than Wally even with my discount.

Just bought six cases (24 gallons) of 6% at Island Recreational (Long Island chain) for $0.99 + tax per gallon. That works out to $0.14 per ounce of CL which is probably the best price I have found around here. Plus, the date code is recent. Also bought 1LB packages of 65% cal-hypo granules for the same price to have on hand if I ever run out of liquid CL.

Neither are a good price.

$8.99/3/121/.0825 = $0.300 per oz CL
$9.99/2/128/.125 = $0.312 per oz CL

Using my calculator (see signature), I searched for a good price in your area and found an old listing for Ocean State Job Lot that was selling 1 gallon jugs of 12.5% for 2.99. They currently have a flyer on their site for jugs of liquid chlorine for $2.99 but it doesn't list the percentage. Even if it's only 10%, it's a better deal.

$2.99/128/.1 = $0.234 per oz CL
$2.99/128/.125 = $0.187 per oz CL

OSJL sells 128 oz jugs of 12.5% concentration for $2.99/ea. Or $11.96 for a case of 4. Though there is no bulk discount. The box means they won't individually bag every jug, and the box is recyclable. Plastic bags get caught in the gears of the sorters.

Which is the better deal?

363 oz of 8.25% for $8.99

or

256 oz of 12.5% for $9.99

Ocean State Job Lot (Exit 109) is your best bet. If you want to take a ride from Bergen County. There may be one closer in CT for you. I was there and the 12.5% is less then a month old. It is by far the best deal out in NJ that I have found. Unfortunately I stocked up for the whole summer @ 12.5% at $4 gallon, which already is 3 months old. At the end of the day, I did ok. H. Krevit & Company, makes the liquid chlorine. You may want to call them to see if anyone locally carriers this brand.

IMG_0590.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.