Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello
The plastic intake coupling of my pool's dedicated suction line has come loose; as a matter of fact it was never glued when the pool was built. I am referring to the piece that is female-threaded to receive the suction line cover that has the spring-loaded cover. A repairman put epoxy over and under it hoping it would stick, but it didn't work.

What can I use to glue that against the wall surface? Hopefully I can do it without draining water.

I get it, now. I think the best solution would be to drain below that line, allow it to dry THOROUGHLY, and then epoxy it again. The epoxy will be totally waterproof after it sets up but generally, even the "underwater" adhesives don't work as well.

FWIW, my pool has a threaded receptor for that fitting but I assume you checked and yours does not.

thanks duraleigh
I have the threaded receptor. It is screwed in to that white piece.
Here's a thought. That white piece I'm referring to slides into the 2" pipe that is on the wall. Why not glue it with pvc cement? What better seal and glue than that?
Or is future serviceability and removal of that piece important?

That looks like the PVC wall fitting that the suction hose fitting is threaded into. I agree with you about using PVC cement to affix it. I also agree with Dave about draining below it before attempting a fix.

thank you all
I came across a pvc cement that can cure underwater (the blue container, Oatey Rain R Shine) and I've seen Mr Sticky's underwater glue.
I would love to drain the pool to do this dry, but that's a lot of water to have to fill.
What do you guys think of using the Oatey or Stickys and not draining?

We call that Blue glue or Hot glue. It works great for putting PVC back together that's still dripping or trickling a little water when you get in a pinch like that. It will not perform well in that submerged application. You still need to prime as much as possible for the best bond. It sets very quickly too just FYI. Best to drain down just enough to expose this fitting and re-glue it like that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.