New Diamond Brite Plaster- When can I run Heater?

Aug 27, 2008
I just had a total pool renovation- down to the shell. The Diamond Brite plaster was installed yesterday (8/26/2008). I was told that I cannot run my heater for two weeks. Is this just to be careful and are there exceptions? I am having my sons birthday party on 9-6 ( 11 days after plaster) and we are going to want to run the heater since it is getting to be cool here at night in the Philadelphia area.

Thanks in advance- great forum!

John

PoolRenovation-Day5011.jpg

Rockcrawler said:
I have never heard that before, do you know why you can not run the heater?

I imagine they want to keep it from getting too hot and protect the plaster. I do not know but they have it in the instructions and I asked also- they said to wait two weeks. I need to use it after 11 days. Anyone have a comment on this??

I spoke to Tech service at SGM who makes Diamond Brite and they said it is OK to heat the pool. His assurance to me was that if I heat the pool to 85 how can that be bad when pools in Florida are naturally that temp after a few days and do not have problems. The pool party is on!!

Just to expand on this, generally the reason they tell you not to run the heater is because they do an initial acid bath with a quartz plaster. However, they should have completely bypassed the heater if they were going to do that. The acid will corrode the heat exchanger.

Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.