Flushed suction side, now pool's cloudy

zacc44

Jan 29, 2015
TX
The pump was not sucking any water from pool, so I stopped pump, shoved a hose in the suction side hole inside pump, made a good seal, and flushed the "tubes" one by one(adjusting valves so only one was open).... At the end I checked each valve that it was pulling in water to the pump,, except the main drain didn't...when I went back to the pool I saw a circle of mud around the main drain
now the suction side is working properly and I vacuumed all that dirt but now the pool is a little hazy
What should I do let the filter run overnight?

this is an established pool that came with the house i just got, ... the main drain has its own valve, and it looks like they had the MD valve turned off - i guess because the MD was clogged ...

ok went by pool today and it looks back to normal, nice and clear (probably dust settled on bottom)

... what do i do with that clogged main drain now? i dont want to flush it back into the pool...

ok went by pool today and it looks back to normal, nice and clear (probably dust settled on bottom)

... what do i do with that clogged main drain now? i dont want to flush it back into the pool...
Lots of people don't have a main drain. You can point one of the return eyeballs down at the deep end to improve circulation and forget it. Or bite the bullet and blow it clear and deal with the mess using the vacuum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.