If they say "you might need a drain box there"..............

induce

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
pool had just been filled and it was perfect...............

wife and landscaper designed a "walking path" from the back of the pool deck to wander thru the back landscape area. the slope toward the pool had not been addressed.

the drain boxes had not yet been installed in our landscape. add no mulch and alot of mud and rain and you get a big mess......... right in the pool it went, mud and all.
it was right after that i asked the PB to change the cartridge filter to sand. i think i cleaned those carts 5 times to get all the mud and dirt out.
lesson learned :cry:

Attachments

• sony 237.JPG
    sony 237.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 1,565
that area has since been redone, Steve. Yes, drains were added, the slope changed and all is well.

boy, it was hard to watch it all roll in that day. we even had some friends drop by about an hour after the rain to see the new pool......... i told them brown water was the new "natural lagoon look". they didnt get it.

I agree with Sean. It made me physically cringe to look at the photo because I could feel the pain you must have felt all the way through my computer. Sounds like a good attitude helped you through it.

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad it's all cleaned up now.

Kevin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.