Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: If they say "you might need a drain box there"..............

1. Back To Top    #1

If they say "you might need a drain box there"..............

pool had just been filled and it was perfect...............

wife and landscaper designed a "walking path" from the back of the pool deck to wander thru the back landscape area. the slope toward the pool had not been addressed.

the drain boxes had not yet been installed in our landscape. add no mulch and alot of mud and rain and you get a big mess......... right in the pool it went, mud and all.
    it was right after that i asked the PB to change the cartridge filter to sand. i think i cleaned those carts 5 times to get all the mud and dirt out.
    lesson learned
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cal C.

22k ig vl, hayward 2sp northstar, hayward pro series sand filter, aqua logic ps-8 wireless controls with swg, hayward (eus) heat pump, polaris 280 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

You are probably lucky you did not have any mulch. That would have been more painful I think. A nice trench drain right across the path would not hurt there.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

3. Back To Top    #3

that area has since been redone, Steve. Yes, drains were added, the slope changed and all is well.

boy, it was hard to watch it all roll in that day. we even had some friends drop by about an hour after the rain to see the new pool......... i told them brown water was the new "natural lagoon look". they didnt get it.
    Cal C.

22k ig vl, hayward 2sp northstar, hayward pro series sand filter, aqua logic ps-8 wireless controls with swg, hayward (eus) heat pump, polaris 280 cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

Cool, I would hate to see that happen. Especially with nothing that could be done except watch it and hope it could be fixed. I would have probably come close to crying.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

5. Back To Top    #5

WOW, that photo was painful to watch! Glad it was fixed.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Man, that would suck
    Andy
    15' X 4' Round AG
    BBB method and loving it!

7. Back To Top    #7
    I agree with Sean. It made me physically cringe to look at the photo because I could feel the pain you must have felt all the way through my computer. Sounds like a good attitude helped you through it.

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad it's all cleaned up now.

Kevin
    Foxx 18 x 36 IG Vinyl
    TR60 Sand Filter, Pentair Whisperflow 1hp
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

Burlington, North Carolina

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: If they say "you might need a drain box there"..............

Hi....I think I will have a similar issue once my pool is completed. Do you have pics of what you did to correct this?

Thanks....
    New Pool: Goldline Aqua Logic, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Spa, Polaris QT Blower, Gunite w/ Pebble Tec, 10K Gallons

Old Pool: david-and-kristy-s-pool-build-t8676.html