New, still brainstorming my build

gray

Feb 9, 2015
Orlando, FL
Had a half-sunk AGP for 2 years. 18'ish x 2' deep hole that I lined with a 3 course circle of blocks, sand bottom due to central FL terrain. Had a 16' round Intex that rusted out. Not a fan of the gap between the pool and the concrete wall, so am now considering building up another 3 courses and installing a vinyl liner. All DIY, trying to keep it on the cheap, but also more durable.

Here's what I was thinking: 6 course block circle, then run this material around the interior, providing a smooth surface/protection from block abrasion as well as an overlap for the liner: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AD2P8E/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2RFSIF56F6W5J. Still the sand base

I would build the block leaving openings for the skimmer and plumbing, but would have to cut through this material and the liner.

Any thoughts on it? Any other ideas on using an overlap liner in a concrete block circle? Do I even NEED the poly material or is there enough of the liner to just lay it on the block and install my edging over it?

TIA!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.