Levels for Glass Tile Pool

tarmac

Feb 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Hi,

We recently finished our first pool at the end of November. The interior surface is all glass tile (¾"). I have the levels under control but I'm unsure about the hardness level. What is the correct hardness level range for an all glass tile pool? Our water is not very hard and the latest measurement showed it was 95 ppm.

Thank you.

Well, first of all, welcome!

I sincerely hope you post pictures of this pool as we don't often see a Pool finished this way. Very nice.

In that type of pool you'd be primary concerned with grout degradation with soft water as there is no plaster to speak of. If you're in the 150-200 range I think you'd be safe. With the hardness if your makeup water, the increase to that level might not take too long once summer hits. You could add a little calcium, or use calcium hypo chlorite as a chlorine source periodically to add some hardness. I do suggest checking out pool school here starting with the ABCs first. There is ample information about water balance, and suggested guidelines for pool chemistry. In addition, you'll find a lot of information on products we recommend for pools and why.

Lastly, please add your pool details to your signature line so we can help you better and more quickly. Enjoy the forum.

This depends on the kind of grout you used between the tiles. If you used a conventional masonry grout you will need to maintain your chemistry following the plaster pool recommendations. If you used a modern silicone based grout then you can follow the chemistry guidelines for a vinyl liner pool.

Hi All,
Thank you for the quick replies. I'm pretty sure the pool builder did not use a conventional grout. I'll find out exactly what grout they used and adjust accordingly.
Thanks for the great site and excellent information. I'll post pics once the landscaping is complete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.