Pool Rover Jr. for AGP

budysr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Pensacola
I know there have been lots of threads in the past on the pool rover jr. automatic cleaner but I thought I would add another to the pot. If you own an AGP and are looking for the easy way out on pool vacuuming, you need to get one of these. This thing is a breeze........
It does sometimes have to run over the same spot twice to completely clean the bottom, but still gets the job done in less than 2 hours(which is what it is set to run).
Emptying and cleaning the debris bag is fairly simple and the bag is machine washable. The only thing that is a minor pain is removing the vac. from the pool since its bigger than most vac.s that run off the pool filter.
All in all, I think its great for an AGP and works alot better than the lil shark that I was using as it cleans the bottom much faster and doesnt get stuck on the sides like the shark does, plus it doesn't suck debris into the filter so you might not have to backwash as much.

budysr said:
I hate to hear that. I hope it isn't too much of a hassle getting a replacement. Now you have me worried a little. I hope this isn't a common problem with these cleaners.

One good thing, if it does break, and is out of warranty, there are places that either repair them, or sell replacement parts. It is not hard to disassemble and repair. I went with a pool rover because none of the parts are that expensive, the motor and the ac convertor are the most expensive parts, compared to the other robotic cleaners.

Randy

I got a lot of Crud from my husband when I bought the pool rover early this summer. But guess what? He's now bragging about it to all our friends because he doesn't have to clean the pool anymore. It's great. We absolutely love it. My girls have long hair and it picks up all their hair and more. I can't believe the stuff that is in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought a pool rover this spring and love it.

Except there is one thing you should be aware of. If you get alot of leaves in your pool you should also order the mesh bag (for leaves) as the bag that comes with it

is for smaller particles only.

When we took our cover off this spring, alot of leaves etc. got into the pool from the cover. (it was our first year opening the pool as we just moved here July 2007). I

used the pool rover to clean it but it would only go for maybe 5 minutes or so and then slow to a crawl as the bag that comes with it is not made to pick up leaves, it

clogs up too quick. I then had to take it out, clean the bag and put it back in,..for yet another 5 minutes or so until it would clog again. I finally just threw my old

kreepy krauly in and it picked up the leaves quickly. They really should tell you that in their sales pitch for it, because had I known..I would have ordered one

immediately! So I now have the mesh bag, have not yet used it(haven't needed to), and I also ordered another regular micro bag so if need be, I can run two cycles. (I

get this sand-like apppearing stuff, algae? every day after the pump comes on-have not yet solved that matter!)

Anyway, just an FYI. :wink:

mnpoolgirl said:
I bought a pool rover this spring and love it.

Except there is one thing you should be aware of. If you get alot of leaves in your pool you should also order the mesh bag (for leaves) as the bag that comes with it

is for smaller particles only.

When we took our cover off this spring, alot of leaves etc. got into the pool from the cover. (it was our first year opening the pool as we just moved here July 2007). I

used the pool rover to clean it but it would only go for maybe 5 minutes or so and then slow to a crawl as the bag that comes with it is not made to pick up leaves, it

clogs up too quick. I then had to take it out, clean the bag and put it back in,..for yet another 5 minutes or so until it would clog again. I finally just threw my old

kreepy krauly in and it picked up the leaves quickly. They really should tell you that in their sales pitch for it, because had I known..I would have ordered one

immediately! So I now have the mesh bag, have not yet used it(haven't needed to), and I also ordered another regular micro bag so if need be, I can run two cycles. (I

get this sand-like apppearing stuff, algae? every day after the pump comes on-have not yet solved that matter!)

Anyway, just an FYI. :wink:
You may have to occasionally manually vacuum the sand like spots you are seeing(if its not algae) into the filter and then IMMEDIATLEY backwash the filter before the dust gets back into the pool. The one bad thing about the Rover is that it seems to "stir up" the pollen/dust spots more than actually sucking them into the bag.

Thought I would let you all know. My PRJ pump went bad. I called the company and it was still under warranty. I sent it in and a little less than a week and a half, I had a new (refurbished) one delivered to my door. Not only that, I got two new micro bags. Not sure if they do that for everyone or if it was a mistake. The only thing I had to pay was shipping to the factory which was $18.

All in all, a very pleasant warranty repair, best I've had. Usually, it seems you have to fight to get things repaired under warranty.

We love our PRJ too. We do remove the larger debris first though so we don't have to deal with the slowdown - usually a regular leaf rake or our new battery powerered vac - comes on a telescopic pole - we don't often have large debris except at start of season when we remove the cover and after storms or big winds. The PRJ does a great job, set it and forget it. The pool is clean. It is the best thing we put in our pool since the SWG and ourselves!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.