Pump and fitting

Rafy

Aug 27, 2014
Texas
Hi everyone Im Rafy I'm new in the forum and i live in Texas.

I have a 14x36 ,Fiberglas in-ground pool ( 14,000 gal) that has 2" piping on the suction and return side. I bought a new pump (Hayward super pump) to replace the old one.
This new pump came with 1 1/2 intake and output fittings. Can I adapt this pump to my suction and return pipe? Do I need to return this pump and get another one?*What will be the down rage On this?
Advice will be appreciated..

Hayward Super Pump series ( SP2610X15)
Hayward Pro Series Top Mount High-Rate Sand Filter(S244T)
Rainbow Lifegard Chlorine/Bromine Feeder

Thank you...

Rafy

Welcome to TFP!

Your pump will be just fine. You simply need to use an adapter to convert to 1 1/2" pipes close to the pump. The short sections of 1 1/2" pipe will have only a very tiny effect, so that overall the system will behave very nearly as if it was 2" pipe throughout.

Thank you a lot I will start looking for those adapters to put back my pool a soon as possible.

Hayward Super Pump series ( SP2610X15)
Hayward Pro Series Top Mount High-Rate Sand Filter(S244T)
Rainbow Lifegard Chlorine/Bromine Feeder

It's nice to have unions so the pump can be serviced but you likely need something like this to reduce the 2" pipe down to something that will screw into the pump. Just make sure they are the right threads.

Attachments

• 1.5 to 2in adapter.jpg
    1.5 to 2in adapter.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 87
Yep, definitely heading in the right direction.

By the by, the threaded to slip adapter at the bottom of your picture is fine, but I prefer to use a section of threaded CPVC pipe instead. You buy a "CPVC Nipple" and cut it in half to get the section you need. CPVC is much more heat resistant. It is possible for the pump to overheat, and a short piece of CPVC will prevent that from causing problems with the plumbing melting. Overheating is quite rare, so this is hardly critical, just my preference.

Great!!! I will work on this today. It is amazing that in just five emails I can get advice on how to do it, plus the suggestion on parts. I went to places that are expert on swimming pool and they make this almost impossible, more like suggest that I need to hire a pluming guy. I'm not expert in pluming, however I know I can do it with some guidance.
Thanks all for yours advice, and suggestion. I will let you know how goes will.

Rafy.

Well the job is done, and look like is ok... Thank you everyone for your input and advise.
I've being trying to upload pictures to all see the job done however no results were shown in uploading.

Now, my sand filter shows 22.5 psi. Is this normal? I have a new pump, Hayward SuperPump, new pipes, and I backwashed the sand filter about a month ago. My question is, did i do something wrong? Would I have to fix something?

P.s. All the pipes from the pool to the pump to the filter are 1 1/2 inch. I will try to upload pictures later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Rafy,
for some reasons, your links to the pics are invalid, and we can't see them.

if you didnt use photobucket, it might be because you are over the allowable limit to post pics directly through the forum.

just thought I would let you know.

Here is the photos to show what I did...I know for some of you guys is simple however for me is my first project. And always baby steps. Thank you all for your support and advise...
View attachment 34400
View attachment 34401

The photos that show filter PSI

View attachment 34402

Ok that's all

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.