Concrete Slab under AGP?

G

Can a slab be used under an above ground pool?

I think it would be more stable, but probably a source of trapping moisture that could cause liner problems. Sloped with a center drainage system maybe? Of course you would need geotextile or foam lining between the liner and concrete slab.

Or is it best to place it on undisturbed soil so that it has plenty of drainage in case of leaking?

Sounds like a lot of money to put into your pool to get iffy results. If your not happy with sand you can try a product called pool crete, which is vermiculite and portland. It creates a semi pourous concrete base for your pool which will help prevent washout. You cannot set your uprghts on this, they will still have to be blocked. If your building a round pool I would just use sand, you can try pool crete on an oval to help with the washout that almost always happens on them. The problem with concrete bottoms comes when cracking occurs and the almost impossibility of making a patch that isnt felt. pools are heavy and tend to crack concrete pads, especially if they are poorly made.
PS it will be horrible pouring poolcrete in an AG because you will have to shovel it all over the wall.

Thanks for the information.

I have heard stories about settling and thought this would alleviate the issue. Sounds like it creates it's own set of issues while solving others.

The key seems to be the footings for the wall supports. I am looking at an extruded aluminum wall unit like Esther Williams, Johnny Weissmuller, King George or Wilkes that can be buried inground.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.