coping issues

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

I hope this is the last of stone and other issues. Our coping is a honed travertine, and due to the negligenc of the pool contractors, our coping and tops of the spa were scratched on about 40-50% of the all the stones. I asked the PB can these be buffed out or something. He said yes.

Getting the scratches out of the copying and other were part of the punch list. When they finished, I now have two-toned coping both as in singles pieces and as a whole. Wherever they used their sanding devices, it made the finish much lighter and has stayed like this since Monday. When you wet it, it looks as it did when it was installedl when it dries, it has a lighter duller finish to it. You can tell anywhere it was sanded due to this lighter color.

A). Can anything be done to restore the coping back to its original look? If so, what do I have to do?

B). If not, what do I need to tell the PB bc we still have one payment left?

Thank you very much,
tstex

Oh man, that isnt good! I don't know what the PB will agree too, but it sounds like you want new coping. I really don't think there is a way to restore the original look unless they do exactly what was done when it was made. Wish you the best of luck, but let us know what happens.

That is NOT good :( I would see about them sanding them all down AND adding some kind of "polish" or finish to them BUT I would worry about it lasting.

I guess you have to ask yourself it you want to have them replace all of the coping. Can you stand the idea of having to deal with them that much longer?

I also would like to see a picture.

HUGS! At least you have the last payment to hold over them!

Kim

I will work on getting some pictures.

As stated, I want nothing more than to receive what we paid to receive. I will not accept a bandaide or temp solution as well. That also means inheriting an additional maintenance issue or the thought of it becoming defective later when my leverage is zero.

As always, I appreciate the support & comments of the other members. I hope I can both resolve this & help out others in similar situations.

Regards,
Tstex

Can they sand them down to a super fine finish like they do with concrete countertops? Maybe they just didn't sand it down to a super fine polish.

I bought some diamond sanding discs on eBay to polish my concrete fire pit (haven't made it yet) but I did make a sample and polished up to 3000 grit, then buff, started at 50 grit, it was pretty smooth and shiny after that. It would be alot of work though as a 12" circle took about 10 / 15 min to do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Premium-W...415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483b5ec71f

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You have them do what YOU want them to do!

YOU paid for xyz and got messed up so they need to redo to get back to xyz! It will be interesting to see what the PB says and how hard you have to push.

I feel for you! Let us know how it goes and what happens.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.