Need Plumbing Advice

SacPoolPros

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Oct 26, 2014
Sacramento, CA
So today I have encountered my first plumbing problem I have ever had I have done 100s of skimmers and never had this tight of a spot so I'm working on a pool I cut a 3x3 hole in the concrete to replace a leak it's a T fitting cracked by a tree root I litterally have no room to work has anyone ever used compression fittings on a pool or is there some type of 2" and 1" slip couplings for extremely tight spaces I have never had this issue before and I'm at a loss

Compression fittings will work for a while, but generally leak after a few years. They aren't really designed for pressure applications and chlorine can break down the gasket given time. As a temporary patch they will usually work till something more permanent can be arranged, but I wouldn't use one for a permanent fix.

An inside slip connector might help, depending on the details of the situation. They are much like an regular slip connection, but go on the inside of the pipe instead of the outside. Because of that, they can nest half way inside some other connection. For example if you have two fittings with no extra pipe between them that has to be cut apart temporarily, you can often reconnect the connection with an inside slip connection.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.