Fiberglass pool speaker options

Mario P

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 9, 2014
Rio Rancho, NM
We're in the process of installing the Viking fiberglass pool.
I asked PB about underwater speakers, but he said it can't be done.

Does anyone know of any transducer (or other) type of speaker that can be placed against the fiberglass shell to produce under water sound?

This isn't critical and I've never been in a pool with one, but I figured I'd ask.

Mario, yes it can be done. Pool speakers work in the same manner pool lights do; in that they require a niche in which to sit.Clark Synthesis makes makes speakers (AQ339) that fit into standard sized pool like the 78232500 Vinyl/Fiberglass Pool Niche by Pentair.

Mario, yes it can be done. Pool speakers work in the same manner pool lights do; in that they require a niche in which to sit.Clark Synthesis makes makes speakers (AQ339) that fit into standard sized pool like the 78232500 Vinyl/Fiberglass Pool Niche by Pentair.

+1 You just cut a standard light niche in and away you go.

With that being said I can't recommend underwater speakers for general swimming. Above water speakers work just as well. If you do synchronized swimming or dive in your pool then you will get some benefit from underwater speakers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.