Electrical wiring help needed

To be honest, actually I did not :(, embarrassing. I assumed that since there are 3 ports, that I needed to run additional white wire in addition to coiled one, since there is port in the middle with white dot, so I assumed that I needed to run white from there to white bus. On a side note, aren't these readings high, 282V?

There are two wires coming from the pump. Connect those to the breaker.
Connect the white pigtail on the breaker to the Neutral Bus and you're done.

To be honest, actually I did not :(, embarrassing. I assumed that since there are 3 ports, that I needed to run additional white wire in addition to coiled one, since there is port in the middle with white dot, so I assumed that I needed to run white from there to white bus. On a side note, aren't these readings high, 282V?

AC wiring can be quite dangerous, both while you are working on it, and much later on if you did something wrong during the install. For example it is easy for incorrectly done wiring to lead to a fire quite some time later. If you are not inclined to read the manual you would be much better off getting a professional to do the install for you.

Thanks Jason again. Actually, I am very good at reading and re-reading instructions. Heck, I build the whole pool myself. But I was so excited to finally hook everything up, that I misplaced the package for breaker, and I was like, eeeeee, it's just black, red, white wire to hook up. And then I saw extra, slot, in the middle just behind white pig tail wire, so i assumed that i need extra white wire.

The terminal on the gfi breaker for the neutral wire is only needed if the load has a neutral. If it does the neutral wire goes directly from the load to this terminal not to the neutral buss otherwise it will trip every time.

Just to update and let you guys know that everything is hooked up, everything works flawless, and my pump cannot be heard from my patio when on low speed, some 25 feet away. I placed some neoprene rubber under the pump feet and fastened it to a concrete base. Awesome, no sound, now vibration, nothing. Thanks for you help guys again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.