LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2014
Highland Village, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I thought I read in another thread that it is not recommended that the spa should spillover into the pool 100% of the time. Mine has been for 20 years and I am always fighting high ph issues. Where can I get more information on this issue? I have an Aquatrol controller with jandy valves so I believe I can change up the program to adjust the time in pool/spa mode. I guess my only question would be is how to keep the spa filtered and chemically balanced?

It is up to you on how much time you want the spa to spillover into the pool, 100% of the time is fine if you want it to. However, aeration of the water raises the pH and that amount of time certainly is part of the equation of how much the pH is rising.

The spa is a much smaller body of water and doesn't need much circulation to stay clean in most pools. You might decide to run it for only a half hour a day instead and see how it does. I don't have automation in my pool and I have my valves adjusted so it only trickles down into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.