Slide recommendation for new construction pool

Mario P

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 9, 2014
Rio Rancho, NM
I've picked my contractor and signed the contract for a Viking, Island Breeze II in ground fiberglass pool.

The contractor offered a slide, don't remember the model ATM, but we declined due to small size and price.

He (PB) did offer to pre-plumb for water slide for $250, which I elected.

Now I need to decide on a slide before any work starts this week so that plumbing can be installed in correct location.

I think I read all/most posts here about slides, but they are few/several years old now, so trying to see if there are any new/different models/options.

I'm considering what I think is new (for 2014) item called Adrenaline http://www.interfab.com/swimming-pool-slides/Adrenaline.aspx
From the posts that I did read here, I see that few are using & loving Wild Ride and Turbo Twister.

With a 15 grand-kids ranging from 1-16 y.o. living just 20 miles away , and a 9 y.o. daughter in the house, plus their friends, I'm sure anything we choose will be lots of fun.

I have not experienced any slides outside of large commercial units at municipal pools or water parks, nor do I know anyone with a pool and/or a slide, so I'm counting on the collective power of this community for help and guidance.

I never researched slides much, but for everyday typical slides, interfab is the leader with these, and diving boards. We chose a diving board from them based on their reputation. Their products are top quality.

Thanks,
I would love to hear from someone that has the Adrenaline one, but I realize that if it's a new model (2014?) than there might not be anyone on this site that has one.
That and the fact that we're off season, might limit responses.

With that said, I really don't think there is a slide out there that people wouldn't be happy with.

My insurance company told me that they would cancel my homeowners policy if I installed a slide!

I'm the owner of an insurance agency, and I can tell you there are plenty of companies out there that will write you with a slide. Some just have varying underwriting guidelines.

My own insurance company is fine with it, but their umbrella reinsurer was not. So I upped my personal liability limit to $1 million and then wrote a stand alone personal umbrella policy for another $1 million (something I highly recommend for those who have pools). So I have a combined $2 million worth of protection should something awful happen.

As far as slides go, I"ve heard alot about Dolphin slides. Might want to check them out too.

The TT's hold up pretty well. I've seen them installed at a public pool and after several years of constant use, they were still in good working order and secure. That is probably 50 years worth of residential use compressed into 3. Now the UV effects on the surface would take their toll on anything over time. I went down them several times and it was fun! Why not just build a gunite slide into your plans for $10K+? It's only money. I've seen some in videos online where there was some minor swaying to the whole slide as an adult went down. That would bug me. You could try scouring You Tube for those.

We have a SR Smith Turbo Twister. The slide was installed at the end of the season so it didn't get much use, but the few times we went down it it was super fun. I did the installation myself and it's super sturdy. We did have some issues with the insurance co. Apparently slides, diving boards, and trampolines are a no go for most.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have the interface x-stream and love it.
Could you elaborate a little on the x-stream? I found a used 2010 model on craigslist and I was thinking of buying it, but the reviews on amazon are pretty bad (complaints that the seals fails quickly, you can feel the seams hitting you every time you slide down, the slide is rickety and shakes a lot, etc.).

A bit late to the game, thought I'd comment anyway. I have the slide below. The company seems to have changed names since I bought it, but it's the same thing. Pretty safe, no ladder to fall off of and pretty much impossible to fall off/out of it. Most we've had were a few bumped heads. No problems with insurance either.

http://www.paradiseslides.com/fullpanel/uploads/files/PS17R-S.pdf

Here is a shot from yesterday with my youngest going down:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz1wq2Dc0pmVNjJpMWkwLUlVQVk/view?usp=sharing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.