Total Solar Eclipse 2017

I'm right in the path of it. Try finding a hotel in Greenville for that Sun-Tue. They are having so many events it's crazy. Some of my friends are making a day of it, but I can't see skipping work for a 2-3 minute event. I'll definitely go outside and watch it, the place I'm working is giving out glasses.

Fair enough. Also, using that link you posted, I'm not sure if I'd worry too much about getting in the "official" path. If you look at places just an hour a way, the little preview picture looks close enough to 100% IMO.

I was planning to fly along the path of totality so that I could be in the center of the shadow for the entire time.

The only problem is that I can't find my fast plane. I forgot where I had it last.

I was planning to fly along the path of totality so that I could be in the center of the shadow for the entire time.

The only problem is that I can't find my fast plane. I forgot where I had it last.

My donkeys are still joy riding in your other plane! :)

With an eclipse the difference between totality and 95% coverage is like night and day. Literally.

Hmmm, so, I guess 80% isnt going to be all that much fun, eh?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Me and some friends have been planning for this eclipse for over a year. We are renting a big RV and driving to just outside of Nashville for the event. I have already got and tried out my eclipse glasses and filter for my telescope.

As a side note, the one in 2024 will be coming almost right over top of me and I wont have to go anywhere for that one.

BTW- My local Lowe's carries eclipse viewing glasses compliant with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for such products, $2 a pair. I just picked up enough for the whole family. We must have looked like dorks out in the driveway staring at the sun "testing" them LOL

[edit]I forgot to mention that my 7yo said that she couldn't see the 'flames' (solar flares). I explained that was because it is too bright during the day, and we'll come back out tonight when it's dark. It took a good 10 seconds before I got 'that look'.

PRICELESS. [/edit]

I will be at 90% at 6:47 pm if I am reading this correctly. Hopefully I hope to get off from work to witness this great event:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.