Paver decking dilemma

Dec 3, 2014
Frisco/Texas
Are deck, 400 sq ft, will be pavers. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on the type we should go with for our pool. We have a red brick patio that will touch up to the deck,our coping is Oklahoma flagstone, the spa will have off white flagstone brick.I am needing some help with:
1) do we go with larger pavers to make the deck appear larger or go with smaller pavers as the area is only 400'
2) do you try to match the brick color and contrast the coping and spa or do you contrast the brick and use a paver that blends with the coping and spa

I would try to make the flagstone and paver deck blend together. You dont want to introduce more colors. Pick a color paver that matches the flagstone but blends with the red brick.

Or you can always save up and replace the red brick at a later day.

We have a grey herringbone pattern paver patio and OK flagstone. We chose a almond / Walnut stamped concrete pattern.

If anyone has any pictures of a pool with paver decking, I'd love to see them. We now have our coping and are trying to decide what type and color of pavers to use.
Here is a picture of the pool with the coping. The deck will be on the left side of this picture from behind the spa to about where I was standing while taking the picture. It will touch up against the red brick on the back patio.

Reactions: Thehomez66
I can take you some more pictures this weekend if you want. We have cleaned and scrubbed since this picture....oh and we have plaster and water. I will be updating my thread soon.

We have the Standard Grey Holland Paver - Herringbone Pattern, Almond and Walnut Travertine Stamped Concrete and Oklahoma Flagstone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.