Looking for Builder in Northeast Georgia for resurface

jfh342

Jun 26, 2014
Clayton/GA
Hello,

I live in the very northeast corner of Georgia and I am searching for a builder to resurface my 15,000 sq ft free form plaster pool and small spa. I recently purchased my home here and the pool is 13 years old. Plaster appears to be in relatively good condition. Had the all plumbing fittings leak tested and repaired prior to the home purchase. The spa had some leaks around the fittings and the prior owner chose to remove the jets and just cover the holes with concrete/plaster. So I now have a sitting pool for the grand children and the big pool for the rest of us. The only plumbing left in the spa is the main drain, which is now used as the return line from the filter forcing water to spill over into the main pool. It works fine that way, but I have been considering having the spa plumbing repaired so it functions as designed. Have only had one company look at the job and he recommended that I leave it as is stating the cost will not be worth the benefits the spa offers. I personally don't need the spa, but it drives me nuts that it no longer functions as designed. Apparently the plumbing leaks are within the concrete (gunite) walls of the spa. It may also require the old underground supply line to be replaced. Supple/return lines are under a paver block pool deck, so there is no concrete, making it less difficult to access the lines.

Sorry this is getting so long already. The pool company that came to look at it did not appear interested in replacing the underground line, but agreed to do it if that's what I want. They said they would cut a trough into the spa interior walls to run new supply lines and fittings for the jets. Not sure why they wouldn't just install new equipment where the old stuff was.

I also asked about resurfacing the pool with pebble tec or something similar. He gave me an estimate of $12k for the Pebble Tec. Existing plaster is in good condition, but prior owner painted the plaster and now it requires new paint, which I do not want to start doing every 2-3 years. I'd like to fix it once and make it right. My goal is a long term solution that will require minimal maintenance.

I think what I need is a second and possibly third estimate from a reputable PB. My guy has been building pools for 45 years and is highly regarded locally, but I really want to get additional estimates. Can anyone recommend a PB that serves the northeast Georgia area. I am located in Clayton, GA, not far from the NC and SC borders.

Appreciate any assistance you all might provide.

Thanks,
jfh

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.