The LIQUIDATOR

I have an 18,000 gallon in-ground pool, with propane gas heater + passive solar heater, pentair sand filter. I am the 2nd owner and the original owner never tested for cyanuric acid (CYA). Despite levels of CYA > 500 the pool was crystal clear and free chlorine was adjusted by me using liquid chlorine and completing eliminating granular chlorine products. Since I am on a property with a low producing well I emptied pool water and replaced it as well as welcomed the rainy season. Now, less than a year later my pool water remains clear, my CYA level is down to 100 (and with more rain and dumping water will drop lower), my pH is 7.5 and my TA and CH are coming under better control. Yes, I have added muriatic acid to the pool. Now to the Questions.

I thought I would obtain a Stenner pump but these are just too costly. I came across a pool center that was using the Liquidator made by Hasa Pool. It made a lot of sense. Various dealers sell the two models: a 4 gallon & an 8 gallon reservoir. I have decided on the latter since the price difference is about $40. Does anyone on this forum have experience with The Liquidator, and if so, please share this. The testing kit I use is ColorQ and occasionally I test with strips made by HACH called Aquachek 7. I know most of the forum members are not enthusiastic about Color Q but for me the proof is in the clarity of the water and the trend over time in what I am trying to correct. I do have to make a dilution to get a quantitative readout on the CYA. In the pool center the CYA always seems to read lower than the ColorQ. I like the pool chemistry and would not be opposed to buying something more automated than the ColorQ, but of course do not want to spend thousands of dollars on such equipment. So, 2 real questions. Experiences, pro & con, with the Liquidator. Installation issues, or none? Pool chemistry testing: it will be about a year since we moved in and about 11 months using the ColorQ. Should I consider staying with ColorQ, maybe getting fresh reagents soon, or switching to another chem testing "device".

Also, I just now realized that I could use the ADVANCED SEARCH to find prior searches on this topic within the Forum. I just realized this now. I will check to see if this has been covered before.
Thanks.
Stephen

If you look around, there are many comments about The Liquidator. The general opinion seems to be that it works fairly well with a single speed pump, can be gotten to work but is a little iffy with a two speed, and generally does not work with a variable speed pump.

You will find your answers using the advanced search function as all those topics have been heavily covered already.

To each his own with the test kit, but we highly suggest the TF-100 as this is the most reliable and reasonably priced test kit there is for home owners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.