Hot tub issues....

Jan 20, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello Everyone, im new here and glad to have found this place. I have some issues with my hot tub and wanted to see if I can get some help here before I have to dish out money for a pro.
My first issue is with the light in the hot tub. It was working fine until my brother used the hot tub one day and when he was done he switched the valves around wrong and the water level dropped below the light while the light was on.
This must have tripped some sort of overheat safety mechanism because the light turned off on its own (GFCI outlet tripped in the control box). Now when I reset the gfci outlet and try to turn the light on it comes on for a second and it trips again.
I have installed a new gfci outlet and tried a new bulb and neither has helped.

Problem #2 is The water level in the hot tub goes down when the pump is off. The hot tub and pool are in-ground and connected with each other I have installed 3 new diverter valves in the jandy valves that I thought might be at fault (that run between the hot tub and pool) also replaced the flapper in the pipe the runs to the solar heater panels on the roof (it looked worn out and old) and it didn't help.

I will post up some pics of my system when I get a chance.

Im not sure how to isolate the hot tub, Here are some pics of my setup. I think the hot tub water drops down to a few inches higher then the the part where you sit. (I haven't had the pump off long enough to see how far down it goes yet ill try to do that and see)

(The hot tub light is the switch next to the outlet here that says spa above it, once I turn it on it trips that outlet. The Switch is also new)

I installed new diverter valves in these two

New diverter valve in here and new flapper right below (the clear window part in the pipe)

New diverter valve in where it says SPA MD

Is it possible this spring check valve is dirty/no good? It doesn't seem to be involved with the hot tub (I couldn't break it loose to check it)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.