Question about weir flaps.

Limey

Jul 14, 2011
Central Florida
I have two skimmers in my gunite pool. I noticed the more powerful side near the pump has a heavier weir flap which I broke the notch of. I removed the weir flap from the weaker side as it hardly has any suction and put it on the stronger side near pump. Issue is now the water flow appears to be moving slower into this skimmer.

Does the weight of the weir flap play into consideration? Thanks.

I have my settings as before. Valve set to vac floor of pool and skimmers. The vac is connected to the side of the pool near the weaker skimmer.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It isn't weight exactly, but more a question of how uniformly thing the layer of water coming over the flap is. You want a steady perhaps 1/8" of water passing over. If the water coming over the flap is deeper than that, either all the time or a fair fraction of the time, the skimmer will be much less effective.

Thanks for the prompt response. I just felt the flow was weaker when I swapped weir flaps over. Could the lack of the weir flap on the other weaker skimmer cause the stronger flowing skimmer to perform less optimally.?

Its just the dimensions of the weird flap on both skimmers were exactly the same in fact they both had the same PAT ( patent?) Number on them. The one just had a thicker heavier flap.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.