Aqua Rite T-15 startup

Boudreaux

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2008
Allen, TX
I started up my SWG on Friday and now up to 3200 PPM. I tested the water Saturday afternoon but had 0 chlorine. It was recommend that I try to super chlorinate it for 24 hours. I did but still have 0 chlorine. I pop off the cell and had a bunch of grass in it (another problem I have to address with the filter). I cleaned it off and took it to a pool store to test it where it did. I also brought in water where they measured .5 chlorine.

Is it normal to not have chlorine registering yet this soon?

Here are my other numbers:
FC - 0 - .5
TC - 0 - .5
pH - 7.5
TA - 130
CYA - 90
CH - 125

Jason, as usual, is correct on using liquid chlorine to establish the 'base' FC in the beginning! You really don't want to use the superchlorinate function as it 'wears out' the cell and bleach is much cheaper than a new cell :wink:

You also want to check your filter because grass should not be able to pass through it to get stuck on the blades of the cell!

Welcome to TFP!! If you need a little more help with anything, just ask -- that's what we do here :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.