Jandy Aquapure 1400 malfunctioning

trlman

Jan 16, 2015
Punta Gorda Florida
Hi

I'm a newbie and trying to diagnose problems with my AquaPure 1400/PureLink RS system. Upon seeing gen. fault warning, on my interior panel, I went to outside panel and found fault codes 170/187. The only lights on were power, cell reversing and service.

I then took readings on back board as follows: 1-8 = 80
2-7 = 69
3-6 = 21
4-5 = 0

Going further, I did the diagnostics on the front board: Salinity & R temp + Key C = 00
Salinity & R temp + Key D = 66
H temp + Key C & Key A = 66

From what I can gather, my front board is JUNK, but before I invest I thought I'd get some other opinions. I'm also questioning the wisdom of continuing with this system (it's about 6 years old) as I my also have cell and sensor problems. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, as I read that this is not the most reliable system.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

It is testing like the board and/or the transformer is bad. I dont' think the Jandy Aquapure has had too many problems with the boards, their main problem was with the tri-sensor.

If you decide to switch brands make sure that it will work with your automation.

I trouble shot mine just a couple of months ago, for the transformer, you just follow the big white plug on the board back to the transformer, the board and transformer are available online.

If you PM me, I'll try to find the troubleshooting guides on my phone and email them to you.

I'm in the same boat. I replaced my salt cell in early summer and by mid-summer was getting error codes indicating the board. I did the same tests and it looked like my front board was toast. I decided to get through the summer by using bleach and then decide what to do. It would be easier to just replace the boards but I also wonder if now isn't the time to just change to a different system. I've changed the sensor multiple times since it was installed in late 07. I wonder how much longer the system will be supported?

I have troubleshooting manuals for the old style with square cell and new style with round cell. A monkey with a voltmeter could diagnose these. I am happy to send to anyone if they pm me their email address.

- - - Updated - - -

It appears your transformer is okay from the readings you got. 4-5 should be 120mv but I'm guessing it wasn't producing chlorine or the meter wasn't set up right. you will need to troubleshoot the front board.

Hi

I'm a newbie and trying to diagnose problems with my AquaPure 1400/PureLink RS system. Upon seeing gen. fault warning, on my interior panel, I went to outside panel and found fault codes 170/187. The only lights on were power, cell reversing and service.

I then took readings on back board as follows: 1-8 = 80
2-7 = 69
3-6 = 21
4-5 = 0

Going further, I did the diagnostics on the front board: Salinity & R temp + Key C = 00
Salinity & R temp + Key D = 66
H temp + Key C & Key A = 66

From what I can gather, my front board is JUNK, but before I invest I thought I'd get some other opinions. I'm also questioning the wisdom of continuing with this system (it's about 6 years old) as I my also have cell and sensor problems. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated, as I read that this is not the most reliable system.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.