What is the actual difference between Hayward SWG systems?

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
I have a small 11,000 gallon inground pool with a aging (9 yrs) Goldline SWG system with a T-15 cell.

I have looking in getting a complete new Hayward system.

The Salt cells
T3 produce .53 lbs of chlorine daily for up to a 15,000 gallon pool
T5 produces ? for up to a 20,000 gallon pool
T9 produces .98lbs of choline daily for up to a 25,000 gallon pool
T15 produce 1.47 lbs of chlorine daily up to a 40,000 gallon pool

Now the price of the T3-T9 systems range from $739 for the T3 up to $865 for the T15.
Is the cells really all that is different?
All the cells have 3 year warranty's
Do I need to buy another T15 as was installed in my pool or is this over kill?
Would a T15 system be better for me in Arizona where we have lots of sun and heat that kills chlorine?

What system would the experts suggest for my 11,000 gallon pool and why?

Thank you and hope someone can clear this up for me.

We recommend getting a cell that is designed for a pool two or three times larger than your actual pool. That gives you the ability to run the pump for a shorter period of time and also usually saves you money in the long run, as the larger cells last longer than the smaller ones (when used on the same actual pool).

How old is your SWG controller? Some only support the old T-5 or T15.

I would suggest going no smaller than the T-9, The T-15 should last longer and the price should not be that much higher. BTW, the numbers you posted seem to be pretty over-priced. PSW has the T-15 for $420 with 3 year warranty ... and I did not even shop around.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: oops just saw that you were looking at buying a completely new system .. thus the higher costs. What is wrong with the existing controller? The Goldline and Hayward are the same systems.

We recommend getting a cell that is designed for a pool two or three times larger than your actual pool. That gives you the ability to run the pump for a shorter period of time and also usually saves you money in the long run, as the larger cells last longer than the smaller ones (when used on the same actual pool).

Now that clears up a few things. So I guess I will replace my system with another T-15.
It now sounds very logical the way you say it with your experience.
Less run time but more output of chlorine which should make cell last longer.
That is why my cell is still going well after 9 years but expect it to start failing so I'm preparing now when I can get a new system and install before summer.

Thank you and hope this helps other who are thinking about buying a system. :):D

If your controller is 9 years old, it was designed for the T-15 cell and won't work with the others. No need to replace the controller, just buy a new T-15 cell when your current one dies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.