Intermatic Timer Dial Gear Issue

Jan 14, 2015
tampa
Hi,

My intermatic timer motor is turning the timer dial but the dial stops turning when it gets to the dogs. I disconnected the motor and turn the timer gear by hand and it slips when it gets to the dog as well. If I turn the whole dial itself, the dogs do their job and trip the switches. This is my first house with a pool so Im wondering if Im missing something stupid and if this repairable without replacing the timer mechanism?

Thanks.

If you are able to turn the timer dial without pulling it out toward you first, the gear on the timer motor is stripped, and you should replace the timer mechanism. You can replace just the timer motor w/gear, but that is replacing the motor. The rest of the mechanism, switch, contacts, timer gears, etc. is who knows how old and is probably worn the same. And if they haven't failed yet, could do so soon. My advice is to replace the whole mech.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.