Gas utilites dilemma - Any way around this ??? Other

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Well, the summer kitchen is complete and all gas appliances are installed, pumbed-out and ready to go [gas grill & fire-place].

Problem is that that our Gas Company will not upgrade the meter until the City has performed and passed an inspection for all gas appliances, which means the pool gas heater and pool firebowls be installed [heater installed, fire bowls are not]. But, City will not perform an inspection until ALL gas-based appliances are installed. The pool comp won't budge until the plaster is shot, but that is weather related. Note, there are 4 home run gas lines w pressure gauges on all of them from meter to: heater, fire-bowls, gas grill and fire place.

So, here is the million dollar question: The pool company can easily install the fire bowls, but is there a work around for the heater, if there is no water in the pool bc the plaster is not installed. We cannot use any appliance in the kitchen area until ALL APPLIANCES are installed/inspected. I have asked both the City & Gas Company if we can just get the kitchen appliances inspected and passed, and the gas lines for these working, but nothing doing.

Also, there are two huge dirt piles and other debris that needs to be removed by pool comp and I cannot get the irrigation guys in until the pool company removes all of this as well. My GC is so pixxed-off bc the pool company will not take any initiative like get some extra guys and use wheel barrows to remove the mud and other. At this current rate, it could be April until it would be dry enough for the pool company to use its bobcat to remove all the dirt/debris and other.

I would appreciate any opinions that can get this ball moving forward. What should be a time of enjoyment is now a complete nightmare.

thx, tstex

-Pearland is the same way, I was unable to upgrade meter until final inspection by city. Gas company will not budge untill final inspection is complete. You can however schedule for them to upgrade but get with your PB and make sure when final inspection will be done.

-I hear ya on the dirt piles, my backyard looked like a bomb went off for several months, I was so tired of looking at the mess. Rest asured I went through the same thing upset at the progress at times, trust me it will all be worth it at the end.

Building a pool will definatly test your patience. I rode a rollercoaster of emotions.

Hope this helps man.

Congratulations on your build!

Thanks Rodog, appreciate the follow-up. I spoke w the irrigation guy "to be" and he has a 36" skid tractor w tracts that he feels can get this mud and all removed, grade the backyard and entry way. it is a lot lighter and smaller than a bobcat...he has the incentive bc he cannot do anything until the dirt and all is removed and the grade returned to normal.

Jason, that is the million dollar question. I want to first come at the PB w options and all. We have been dipped in the grease 4-5 diff times bc the orig site mgr for the PB was horrible. We were even overcharged 223 sq ft worth of decking bc the contractor tried to pull a fast one on the PB, then PB to me, but I knew the numbers were way off. PB should have known too bc I sent an e-mail earlier on asking for a little more decking and quoted the numbers, like 17sq ft more, not 233 sqft more.

Thanks and appreciate everyone's help and advice,
tstex

tstex, I cant offer ya any advice, but hang in there man. Even tho some folks prolly deserve it, don't choke anyone too bad and end up in jail.

It can definitely be frustrating but at the end of the day it will all work out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.