Laars Lite2

Jan 13, 2015
Venice, FL
I have a 10 year old LD250, that stopped working for a few days last week. I checked all the safety devices, and voltages (I have an industrial maintenance background), all seemed fine. Turned the unit back on and it fired, the only problem is that I have to set my temp pots much higher to get the unit to fire up. Before the incident the temp pot was at about a 2 o'clock position to maintain 80 degrees, now it is at the 5 o'clock position just to fire. Any insight?
Also I was wondering if there is a way to convert this unit to a digital control?

If both pots need to be adjusted to the same level, I would suspect the thermister/temperature sensor.

You can convert to digital if you use an external thermostat such as a honeywell t775

Would love a little more insight on how to accomplish the conversion to the Honeywell. Would i need to remove the Laars temp control completely? I just looked at the Honeywell and they are considerably cheaper than a new temp controller from Laars.

I would leave the laars in place unless it's governing the temperature below your set point...

To install the Honeywell you provide power to the Honeywell via the heaters transformer then mount the temperature sensor into the inlet pipe of the heater. You then use the relay inside the honeywell to break the power through the heater safety circuit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.