Any electronically commutated (EC) AC booster pumps for pool skimmers available?

Any electronically commutated (EC) AC booster pumps for pool sweeps available?

For example, I have "Polaris" style booster pump that feeds my pool sweep. Are there any EC motors (variable speed in pool lingo) to retrofit onto my pool sweep pump section?

I think you are right. The only issue I see with the electric units is the "system integration" isn't what people are used to. What I mean is, you have a cord laying across the pool deck, versus the nice connection point to the water powered pool sweeps. It seems minor, but I think this comes into play. If there is a more efficient pump that just drops in, saves some power, and allows people to not "change" their habits/system, I would think the country could save some serious energy. Anyway, I'll take a look at the electric sweeps. They seem maintenance intensive and flimsy for the cost.

I think you are right. The only issue I see with the electric units is the "system integration" isn't what people are used to. What I mean is, you have a cord laying across the pool deck, versus the nice connection point to the water powered pool sweeps. It seems minor, but I think this comes into play. If there is a more efficient pump that just drops in, saves some power, and allows people to not "change" their habits/system, I would think the country could save some serious energy. Anyway, I'll take a look at the electric sweeps. They seem maintenance intensive and flimsy for the cost.

I can see your point with the cord from an aesthetic point, but how long is a cleaner gonna be running in the pool. If you are afraid someone will see your "unsightly" cord that powers your expensive robotic cleaner, then make sure it's not in there when company is over. If all of this is just for the cool factor of having a variable speed pressure side pool cleaner, I can't fault you for that. I think it's overkill, but I'm a fan of overkill. Where there's a will, there's a way. Im sure one could retrofit a variable speed motor onto a Polaris pump. I don't know the shaft sizes, but something could be made to work. Maybe pick whatever motor you like, and have a machine shop make an adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinasu,

I think you missed my comment about ThePoolCleaner. This particular cleaner does not require a booster pump but connects the same way as your existing cleaner and is used in the same way. It just doesn't need a booster pump which makes it very efficient.

www.thepoolcleaner.com

pressureclnr.gif

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.