Intellichem FAIL=04H

Jan 12, 2015
Flotida
HI,
I have an Intellichem managing pH and ORP. There is an acid pump on the left and an Intellichlor connected. Firmware v 1.06. When the system starts-up in the morning I get a failure in Auto Calibration. Screen looks like this:
AUTO CALIBRATION
pH: 6.20 4.34
ORP: 717 401
FAIL=04H Press>

After pressing “>” the next screen looks like:
High PH X1:0349
Low PH X2:0534
High ORP X1:0717
Low ORP X2:0401

If I restart the system, it starts and operates normally. But for the last 5 mornings, every time it first starts, I get this error.
Can anyone tell me what fail code 04H is and what might be causing it?

Any help is appreciated.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

How old is your system?
A quick look at the Owners Manual indicates that 04H might be the "ORP too low error"

TFP generally feels that the use of ORP sensors is not a good approach for outdoor residential pools due to the large fluctuations in the ORP value that can occur, especially when the stabilizer level (CYA) is maintained at the 70-80ppm we recommend for SWG pool. You might be much better off running your SWG in % output mode instead of relying on the ORP sensor.

Thanks Jason. The system is only a month old and had been running with no issues, until the last week. Just curious, I looked through the Installation and User's Guide for the IntelliChem and couldn't find the 04H error code. Where did you find it?
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.