Pool cover

DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
Who/what/where has a pool cover? We were thinking about next year putting one on our pool. Any advice? I am about to do an online search for pool covers but thought I would ask here first. :D

Okay. I did a quick search. Ugh. I do NOT want tracks and some huge thing at the end of one side. Surely you can get a pool cover that doesn't require you putting hooks or something all over your decking? I didn't know that you could have them installed when they poured your decking either. ****!

mainly just winter - we don't have hard winters BUT we have a pine tree that clogs our skimmer baskets regularly. We haven't been able to use our pool since it was finished but have been keeping the baskets clean, using our shark for leaves and cleaning stuff out.

I have a solid safety cover on mine. I have 20+ brass anchors all around the pool that pop up so you can attach the cover. I haven't seen any other options for a safety cover besides the automatic ones with the tracks like you mentioned. You can use a cover that uses the water bags if you don't want to have the anchors in the deck. They aren't safety covers though. They just keep stuff from blowing in the pool while it's down for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in Houston you might not get cold enough you have to use a cover. I put one on mine here just South of Nashville
the first year and when it rained I had 2" of ice form on it, blue solar type. I for one do not believe they warm up
the water.
now when it gets cool enough, the pool water 55 degrees I shut down my pump. pool now salt with SWG. lowers the freeze
point, still freezes as we got to below 10 degrees one day. with cover off I occasionally use a leaf rake, a open basket to
scoop out large debris carefully as I have a vinyl liner.
my pool cover is a 8 mil from lowes. my pool 18X36, I read on here someone who cut his up into easily handled
sections. it was quite a job with two adults to roll it up on one end.
cut into 1/2 and then 1/2 again I had 4 easily handled sections. I roll from the side by lifting up high enough to my
concrete walkaround so I do not damage/break the bubbles. lay it down flat and roll up.
...mostly at night now to keep heat in, I lay it on the waters edge and roll out while it slides across the water easily.

I have an automatic cover. The tracks are "hidden" beneath the coping overhang and the drive mechanism is hidden in an underground chamber at one end of the pool. It's fairly hidden in all respects but it's really something best done when replacing tile and coping/decking so it can have an integrated look. Not cheap either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.