LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Would someone in the know post a little about CC levels or lack of. My tests are clear before I
add the reagent, that is after I do the test for FC.

What about them? I understand CC is where the strong chlorine smell would come from. If my FC is
3.0 and my CC is 0 -- is that a good thing?

Thanks - now, out to the oasis and a beverage !!

Rangerman said:
Would someone in the know post a little about CC levels or lack of. My tests are clear before I
add the reagent, that is after I do the test for FC.

What about them? I understand CC is where the strong chlorine smell would come from. If my FC is
3.0 and my CC is 0 -- is that a good thing?

Thanks - now, out to the oasis and a beverage !!

Here's a quote from a learned individual:

"We measure chlorine in our test kits. Sometimes they test "chlorine". This is actually Total Chlorine--the TC you asked about. Our better test kits test for Free Chlorine (FC) which is the stuff that does all those good things. The better tests also test for Combined Chlorine or Combined Chloramines--CC. This is the used-up chlorine that smells like disinfectant and irritates eyes. Its presence means you are metaboliziing something."

So, as the other folks have said, a CC reading of 0 is a very good thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.