Main 2-speed motor: purge runs, but motor won't turn on from control panel

chef_m

Mar 10, 2012
Marietta, GA
Inherited spa worked flawlessly for 7 months until just 2 days ago. Last night during what should have been a filtration cycle in Economy mode, heard those periodic purge cycles every 30-45 seconds for 10 minutes before I shut off power. This am, restore power, the pack goes into prime mode and just as it's ready to come out of it, goes back into those periodic purges.

Switching to Standard mode and increasing temperature, it just won't get to the normal low speed flow with the heater on. Instead the heater comes on with no flow. Pressing the Jets 1, I only hear the relay (thunk) at the motor.

Ok, so that tells me that low speed works, but high speed doesn't. So naturally, I will check the power lead connections at the pump, but assuming that they are not loose, then what? Take the motor to be tested and replaced if necessary? Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.