engrav

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
Whidbey Island, WA
Good morning

Pool not covered, water temp in the low 40s, chemistry within ranges from PoolMath settings TFP.com, bleach and plaster.

In this situation, is there any real algae risk with a few worms and leaves in the deep end and a thin layer of fir needles and other fine debris throughout and a mouse/salamander/frog now and then?

nope. No significant risk as long as your FC is where it should be.
You do need to check it periodically though, and adjust your FC as needed.

Ok, will stop chasing every fir needle though the worms are kinda ugly.
I do track FC, pH, TA, CH and CYA. Keep FC > 5 which is quite easy at these ambients and cloud cover as FC takes weeks to decline.

Thank you.

That's the only thing about cold pool water I like is how the FC level slowly decreases, especially compared to summer time.

My pool is similar, I don't have a cover and don't have to winterize here in Texas either. I walk around with my skimmer net about once a week, and the Polaris takes care of whatever sinks to the bottom when needed. Even when there's stuff in the water I have not seen any CC show up on my weekly test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.