How much concrete do you have?

Dec 23, 2014
Saugus
Hi All,

New to this forum and about to partake on my second pool build.

I have a question on the amount of concrete/patio space you all have used for your pools.

I'm thinking a 3-4 foot apron on 3 sides and then bringing the patio back about 15' to have space for table/chairs/grill etc..

So I guess my question is how many sf of deck do you have? 400,500,1000sf?

Any pictures illustrating the approximate square footage of your decks would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance.

I have 3ft on the back side of the pool, about 6ft on the end with the diving board, and 12ft on the side where we sit. If I were doing it again I'd go 4ft on the back side. 3ft is much narrower than it sounds.

I do agree that 4' seems to feel about right if you can do that as the skinniest measurement. We have that on the far side. Our others are about 10' & 15' on the ends and 13' on the side. This is pretty big (1,650 S.F.) but our yard is wide open and the pool is a destination pool so there is no adjacent space to use. The house deck and patio areas are separate. At least 12' gives you plenty of play/walking/socializing space between chaise lounges laid down flat and the pool even with people sitting with legs a dangling in the pool.

Last edited:
abd4de05de6e2246922796779a10529e.jpg
1f1467028f35881290137114a68399d8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.