Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Antibio, sanitizing by sound ???

1. Back To Top    #1

Antibio, sanitizing by sound ???

Dear Seniors,

I been eyeing this product for two years now.
    Its called Antibio from Australia.

The website is ???.antibio.com.au/index.php
    Change the ??? to www
    Dang, I just realized the feature where I can "LINK" one website without showing the address is gone.
    Only the URL function is available. I swear before the new look on this forum, there is a feature called "LINK".
    I am not allowed to hot link right ? If that is what it is called. Sorry, I am not very IT oriented.

Anyhow, I talked to people that actually have used them in Thailand, they said it does work.
    I look at the testamonials, there are so many good public pools in Oz which use this product.
    I surfed and surfed but no other technical paper on this from other independent party testing the unit.
    In 2004 some Aussie critic call this pseudoscience, after that no more insult on this unit.

Looking at what I think as credible testamonials, this product I think will work as advertised.
    The last and best report IMHO on it is from Thailand, where a housing area actually use this unit for water treatment.
    I do not believe the property developer will be happy about it, if it does not work.

The lab test conducted as per manufacturer info, to me is not that strong evidence because I would prefer if many labs
    and from other countries doing some test too.

Sound is potent that I know, but I was thinking it must be at so much bigger power level.

Since I am no expert in sound waves, I am wondering if anyone here ever actually seen this unit and does it really work ?

Thanks
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Antibio, sanitizing by sound ???

When trying to search for it on the web I ran into this info that thinks it's quackery. It's talked about here in an inventors online magazine. There is also more here. The official website appears to be here.

At best, I could see that certain resonant sound wave frequencies could disrupt biofilms making it easier for chlorine to attack bacteria (heck, even "washing cells" unclumps bacteria and is standard practice in doing experiments to get consistent CT results), but maintaining proper chlorine levels in the first place prevents biofilm formation by killing bacteria BEFORE they can form biofilms.

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

The same kinds of claims were made for magnets attached to your plumbing several years ago (and in fact this device does use electromagnetic fields in addition to sound waves so it's a pool electromagnet) and pool magnets were readily available. Now they are not because they were a scam. I say "snake oil,"!

4. Back To Top    #4

Since I don't really understand the science of sound and "germ-mistry"...Germ & Chemistry... , I really wonder how in the world so many testamonials can come up.

The testamonials are from supposedly professional sport center and the like.
    I know my ultra sonic cleaner can rip good dirt off my dive gear, but it makes that sexy buzzzing sound while at it...

When I got more money to waste I will get me self some of this oil.... so that I can make a non scientific review for you guys.... ha ha ha ha.
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge

5. Back To Top    #5

Good testimonials of pool equipment are easy to get, even for garbage products. Why? Very simple. I order to sell a piece of equipment to a commercial pool someone in the buying organization must champion the product and put their neck on the line.

Once the product is installed it always works, at least until the person that bought it is replaced.

Every scam or questionable product in our business always has glowing testimonials.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Is sound effective at getting rid of algae? Not scientific, but here's some anecdotal evidence....

I stood beside my pool this morning and screamed at the algae to "Get the **** out of my pool!"

I could observe no demonstrable improvement other than the neighbor's bratty kid ran back in his house.

(my apologies....I think I need gainful employment)
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Good one Aquaman...
    That makes a lot of sense

Is sound effective at getting rid of algae? Not scientific, but here's some anecdotal evidence....

I stood beside my pool this morning and screamed at the algae to "Get the **** out of my pool!"

nice one Dave, I nearly choked on my coffe while I was reading it... ha ha ha

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh

I could observe no demonstrable improvement other than the neighbor's bratty kid ran back in his house.

(my apologies....I think I need gainful employment)
    rofl!!!!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!