Shifted air pillow

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
My pillow has shifted from the center all the way to one side of my 24' round AGP. Should I drain the water off the top of the cover and correct this or just leave it and tie it down better next year? The water on top has currently raised my water up to almost even with my skimmer basket. It was actually overflowing out the skimmer basket abit a few days ago. I drained a little off the top and now its back to about 2" below the skimmer.

Should I drain and try and fix the pillow or just leave it for now?

1) Drain the water off the cover (as much as you can get)
2) Loosen cover straps (Dont do this on windy days)
3) Pull out air pillow and tie rope to both ends
4) Put air pillow back in on one side
5) Run one end of the rope under cover back to the opposite side and pull your pillow back to the middle
6) Tie off both ends of rope with some slack in it

No problem. I have done this before as you can see.

I don't even use a pillow... Talk about lazy! lol

Well, i put this off and put this off and ended up leaving it shifted to one side. Now my pool is chunk of ice and hopefully the pillow will at least do some of its job.

Lesson learned....Dont be lazy...lol

Hi kris77 - we noticed the same thing just now. It's encased in ice, too. Was there any damage to your pool when you opened for the season??

Mine is also off center, I don't know if the rope I tied it with broke or its just being pulled to the side since I left a bit of slack on the rope. I can't try to adjust it because there's a layer of ice on top of the pool cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.