Wiring help needed for reinstalled pump

Hergie

Jan 3, 2015
Flower Mound Texas
I removed my pool pump motor so i could replace the bearings which I've completed and have reinstalled the pump. When I
applied power to the pump it didn't turn on, no hum or anything coming from the motor.

I had taken a picture of the motor wiring before I disassembled it and have hooked it up the same way. I have a small volt tester and it indicates that I do have power at the pump connections.

The pump is powered by two black wires and one red wire which is ground. The ground wire is attached to the green screw on the motor however the other end in the timer box is not attached to anything inside the timer wiring box and don't know if it was connected to anything before the work.

Is it possible the top mounted capacitor has gone bad or should the ground be attached to something inside the timer box, or is
there something else I'm missing? I've attached pictures which may be helpful.

IMG_20141222_114035.jpgIMG_20141214_125509.jpg

The wiring diagram on the side of your pump shows the 220 volt input lines connected to terminals L1 and L2. Your picture appears to show that L1 (the left hand connector with the common screw head) has nothing connected. L2 (the right hand connector with the common screw) has only the white wire attached. I "assume" that the two black wires with the yellow end are your 220 volt input lines. If so, connect one to the terminal labeled L1 and the other to L2. It does not matter which goes where. As far at the ground goes, it is not needed to run the pump, but I recommend it be connected to the ground wire (normally green) inside your switch box.

Jim R.

The wiring diagram on the side of your pump shows the 220 volt input lines connected to terminals L1 and L2. Your picture appears to show that L1 (the left hand connector with the common screw head) has nothing connected. L2 (the right hand connector with the common screw) has only the white wire attached. I "assume" that the two black wires with the yellow end are your 220 volt input lines. If so, connect one to the terminal labeled L1 and the other to L2. It does not matter which goes where. As far at the ground goes, it is not needed to run the pump, but I recommend it be connected to the ground wire (normally green) inside your switch box.

Jim R.

I concur. Hook the other wire up and you should be good to go. Ditto on the ground wire also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.