Had to remove the light. How should I cover the hole?

numberonenole

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2009
Woods of North Florida
There was a leak in the pool near the area of the light. I couldn't figure out exactly where so I attempted to remove the light. The light did not want to cooperate and I ended up trying to pry it off with a screwdriver. That didn't work so I got my husband to saw it off. Obviously it won't be going back on (but I did find the hole in the liner!). When using the screwdriver I ended up bending a couple of small parts of the wall near the hole. My husband is afraid that even putting a new light in the hole won't work because of the damage to the wall right at the hole. We never used the light, so we don't care if we don't replace it, but will if that is the best fix. What would be the best way to seal the hole left in the wall and the liner? Thanks!

"seal" is probably the wrong word, as the niche should be water tight even without a light present. So really what you want is a cover for looks and safety issues. Depending on just what got sawn off, the simplest thing might be to put the light fixture back in. It doesn't need to held in all that securely, one screw us usually enough. If the light fixture is too destroyed, you can make something out of a piece of plaster, you just need to get it to roughly the right shape and hold it in place with a screw or two.

I think Jason was thinking this is an inground pool.
Was this light added to the pool or did it come with the hole for the light already in the wall ? The return fitting may work if the hole is about the same diameter as the eyeball fitting. What is the diameter if the hole ?
I'm sort of having a hard time visualizing this. Could you post a picture of it ?

I think if you could get a return fitting to fit that hole right, that just may work. You would have to get a 2 inch return fitting. Make sure to put a gasket on both sides of the fitting.
Maybe somebody else has some better ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.