East Dallas New Construction Help

Give John a call @ Southernwind Pools. If you are wanting a pool that size, you are going to want to ensure it is engineered and built properly. That being said, I would never consider a pool of that size and price without a shotcrete shell.

Check out Southernwind's website. They are a boutique builder - you will be able to see they build a very very different pool then your run of the mill builder in this area.

Thanks. Check your PM.

Wow! I can't believe that price for NO nice materials and no backyard paradise!! No all glass tile pool, no glass waterline tile, no real stone coping or decking??? That $5 allowance is going to get you bottom of the bucket tile; fine when you are on a budget but not appropriate for Swiss Ave. Have you talked to Claffey? Pool Environments? I haven't built a pool but that sounds crazy. Doesn't the entire metroplex have bad soil?

I second Claffey. Had ours built in 2011. A bit smaller than yours at 780 perimeter but it is a diving pool. Much less expensive and got all the bells and whistles. On top of that, they are still honoring some warranty items 4 years later for us. Great customer service.

I also recommend a quote from Claffey. BTW, there are only 2 PebbleTech installation companies in the DFW area. One is Classic Tile and Plaster, and they are often subs for the PebbleTech/Sheen surface for most pool builders. Hope is ok to mention these names in this fashion.

Do you have the specs laid down yet? Is there something related to the historic district that is making it more expensive? Can you reach out to neighbors and see if anyone has gotten a pool installed? It would be interesting if you could get a quote for your pool in someone else's yard because it sure sounds like everyone is doubling the pricejust for living where you do!

Man those quotes just don't fit the build. As others have said, that's a big pool and lots of decking. Even with that for that kind of money you should have a WOW factor. From what you have posted (in my mind)it will look like a big hotel pool. Looks like they are giving you the price they give for building a big hotel pool. You need more bang for your buck imho.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just saw this thread - did you choose one yet? I live in Dallas (in the city) and was looking in March - here's my experience:

1. If you are in the city (Swiss Ave, someone said? - that's about 10 mi from me), I found that the pool builders are all a bit pricier, as they are established companies, and don't have to be as competitive as PB's in new-build areas (e.g. Plano, Frisco, etc.).

2. Calling the PB's even in Plano (about 10 mi away) resulted in being stood up (happened three times) - I think they just don't want to make the drive every day - themselves and their crews - they have enough work in their towns.

3. There was a huge disparity in quotes from PB's - truly amazing. I knew what I wanted (simple rectangular pool, no spa, in a flat lot), so most were able to give me ballpark estimates over the phone.

We went with Waterline Pools in Dallas - he was recommended by a realtor neighbor, and he's built several pools for her personally. We're about 3/4 done now, and they have been great. The only hiccup has been the rainy weather - the dig caved in twice, despite their efforts to cover with plastic. Finally had to shotcrete the hole itself. I shared in some of the cost overrun, but he was very reasonable about it. We started April 12, as I recall, and are ready for plaster now, despite the weather, so we've pretty much stayed on track. Waterline's price was also 25-50% less than other bids, and the specs and quality are apparently above average (e.g. Jandy equipment, 8" walls, 1/2" rebar, 6 bar beam, etc.).

Thanks for the note and the questions.

We have not yet picked a builder. We have hired a landscape architecture company to design the entire backyard rather than just a pool builder to design a pool. I started a thread on this here: Pool Design Thoughts

The designer has worked with a number of builders (pool and otherwise) and know what the pricing should look like. I have not talked to waterline pools, but will suggest we get a bid from them as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.