Adding chemicals to tub with separate circ pump

Nov 13, 2014
Lake Ariel, PA
Hi all,

After we get out of our tub, we add the Leisure Time replenish cycle. We've been turning on both jets and leaving the cover off for the full 20 minute jet cycle. Wondering if that's necessary. We have a separate circulator pump that's always running after we get out of the tub (due to the timing of the 8 hour circ cycle and when we use the tub, we can't manually turn the circ pump on like we can the jets unless we change the menu option for say a 24 hour circ cycle). Anyway, can we just add the Replenish and let the circulator do its thing and maybe wait 5 minutes or so to close the cover?

thanks!

You could add the chemicals with the jets on for just a few minutes and then turn them off having the regular circulation handle it from there. You refer to a full 20 minute jet cycle, but isn't there a way for you to turn off the jets once you've turned them on? If so, then that would be be the best -- up to 5 minutes with jets with the cover off, then turn off the jets and cover the spa.

Yep I can turn the jets off after I turn them on so that's what I'll do. We were just worried that it wouldn't get mixed fast enough if we didn't go with the full 20 minute cycle so we've been running back out in the cold to cover it once the 20 minutes is up. We'll just go with 5 minutes or so, shut them off, cover it and let the circ pump handle the rest. Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.