Hello from Florida

Jan 2, 2015
Punta Gorda, Fl
Hello TFP,

We just bought a house in Punta Gorda, FL with a pool a month ago. Having never had a pool before, I'm finding the learning curve steep, but able to be achieved. We had a local pool company come out and run us through their pool school to teach us the basics, but I think either I or they missed something in there, most likely me. I'll be ordering the TF-100 soon to help me get it all figured out. The little test strips are not accurate enough for me to really feel like I have a handle on anything.

The kids have been enjoying the pool, but my two boys have both ended up with ear infections, which they do not have a history of. I'm thinking it's something pool related like not paying enough attention to the chlorine levels. Anyhow, I want to get it figured out soon. I've been reading, have more reading to do, and then need to put it all into practice. I'll start another thread once I have the test kit and initial values.

Well hello there! I am also in Florida!

For the ear infections I have any idea. You can teach them to put rubbing alcohol in their ears every time they get done swimming. That is the active ingredient in "swimmers ear" you can buy at the stores. It will dry up the water in their ears. IF that does not work you can have their doc set them up to make molds of their ears for plugs for when they swim BUT you and I both know they will get lost LOL.

Kim

I'm with you on being a new pool owner. The learning curve is steep but the people here are great and will help you through it. Looking forward to your posts so we can learn together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk