Jets not working

Dec 7, 2014
HYDE PARK
NEED HELP. I have been trying, and trying, and trying to get my tub to prime, but due to what I believe is an air lock, the dang thing won't prime. I have emptied and re-filled three times. Once directly through the filter, once through filter and forcing water through the jets, and once directly into the tub. I have tried using a plunger to force air along. I have loosened two fitting: one before the heat pack and once at the high point entering the pump. Getting to the fitting at the end of the pump will be problematic. The error msg. I am receiving on the button panel reads "dr," which indicates "poor water flow or air bubbles." Nothing works. What am I missing? FYI - The pump is a Waterway Executive 48....the darn thing just makes a 'buzzing' noise for a few seconds, recycles, makes the noise again, and then shuts down for 15 min, and illustrates the "dr" message.

Thank you SO MUCH. I drained my hot tub refilled and have been trying to get the jets flowing in 40 degree temps for the past 6 hours until I seen your post! You are a life saver. We are leaving for a 10 day vacation in the morning and I was in a panic knowing temps will drop in the 20's at night while we are gone. The plunger did the trick!!! Thanks again!!!

Agree with capacitor. This is becoming a more common issue with A/C compressors as well. The A/C technician this past summer (when mine quit) told me that all manufacturers have outsourced to foreign production and there is no such thing as a "quality" capacitor available any more. Hopefully it's a different story for spa parts...

Found the correct part number, pulled the capacitor, replaced the capacitor with a new one, and the same result. Could this be what I originally believed: air lock???? Would draining the thing again and blowing out the lines with a shop-vac help? At a total loss on what to do or check next.

The pump is a Waterway Executive 48....the darn thing just makes a 'buzzing' noise for a few seconds, recycles, makes the noise again, and then shuts down for 15 min, and illustrates the "dr" message.
Does the motor ever spin up or is stationary when it makes this noise?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From the "buzzing" and it shutting down for 15 minutes (overheats, thermal breaker, cools, resets) it sounds like you might have a bearing that's seized up and the motors shaft isn't turning.
Might be worth digging into the pump to see if anything is jammed in the impeller or if the motor is seized.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.