Beaded liner tearing at the bead

DonW

Jun 27, 2008
Central IL.
My liner is tearing at the top of the bead where it is inserted into the track. Has anyone else experienced or heard of this? I just finished installation of the pool a month ago. It is a Swimline liner, and their warranty is for 25 years, on the seams! I've got a feeling that I'm gonna get jerked around on this, but I won't know until Monday. When I initially filled the pool, the liner at the bottom was probably 10 to 12 inches away from the wall. As the pool filled up with water the liner acted like a water baloon and expanded to fit the wall. I was extremely nervous as the pool was filling as I have heard of liners taking down the wall down in this manner. So, was the liner too small and this was a stress point, and who's to say if this won't happen again? Now instead of thinking about winterizing, I have to go back to a place I JUST left! This is the pool that shouldn't have been, and I'm just forcing the issue.

Reactions: kharshikar
When installing the liner I had thought so too. I can't tell the liner manufacturer that it was too small because that would void the warrranty. They have a drawing of "correct" and an "incorrect" way on their warranty sheet, where correct is the liner touching all sides and the floor of the pool, and incorrect with a void between the wall of the pool and liner. In their eyes I obviously installed it incorrectly. But, I can't make the pool larger than what it is because the bottom track dictates the size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.