Pentair Multi-Port Valve Question

KING-OLE

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2014
Houston, TX
I had a Texsun tech out yesterday to service our main filter and replace a couple of parts.

He also replaced my (hated) pull/push multi-port valve with one that has a dial instead - the Pentair P/N: 261152.

When I Google'd the P/N this morning, to see if I could find a manual, I pulled up this 2 page user manual for the P/N 27505-200-000 / 27507-200-000, where it states that those models are replacements of P/N 261055 / 261152.

Does this mean that Texsun sold me an old model, and did this older model have any issues which caused them to come out with the newer one?

Thanks,

Ole

P/N 27505-200-000 and 25707-200-000 are not Pentair part numbers. Those are CMP brand multiport valves. My guess is that CMPs multiport valve is considerably less expensive than the Pentair one, prompting the mention for equivalent Pentair counterparts in their manual. As for reliability, I couldn't vouch for either. I have a Pentair multiport valve but it is only a few months old. I hope it lasts!!!!

I guess I need some more coffee this morning, I didn't even notice that. :p

I looked it up on amazon, and the reviews are very good. One mentioned he'd had this for 20 years before he had to replace it with the same one.

Thanks for your reply!

Ole

. One mentioned he'd had this for 20 years before he had to replace it with the same one.

Thanks for your reply!

Ole

I'm not sure CMP has been making multiport valves for 20 years.

Either way CMP does make decent products. They are on the same level as Praher which makes most of the other multiport valves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.