Hello From New Mexico!

PoolESQ

Platinum Supporter
Dec 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Hello, everyone!

I have been a member of TFP since 2007, and have gained so much knowledge from the experts here, it has made my pool experience positive and simple. It dawned on me that I haven't ever properly introduced myself in the 7 years I've been a member, so rather than letting another year go by without an introduction, here it goes.

I currently live in the 'burbs of Albuquerque, NM. I have a small (12x26) fiberglass pool that I love. It's great for relaxing and so easy to maintain using the BBB method expertly explained in this forum. It is a very basic free form Viking pool that has made lasting memories for me of friends and family and the good times we've had. Alas, it's now time to move on.

I just closed on a new home with an older, more complicated pool. It's a larger, 16x32 sports pool, white plaster with built-in spa and Pool Valet floor cleaning system. In a couple of weeks, I'm having the whole pool renovated. It's going to be replastered in a Midnight Blue quartzscapes (?) plaster. The pool deck has a few cracks so areas of the deck are going to be broken out and replaced and the whole thing refinished to match perfectly. They are also going to replace the spa booster pump which currently does not work. Finally, I'm going to add the Auto Pilot Total Control System.

I know I will have many questions for the folks here as I start to learn anew how to maintain a different type of pool with more advanced features. I've started some research on how to best maintain a new plaster job while it cures, but I'm certain to have questions as the work progresses. Of course, I will be a complete newbie to the total control system, so I'll be starting from scratch there.

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick hello and if anyone's interested, I'll start a thread documenting the replaster and upgrade process in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks again for all your support over the years and I look forward to this next chapter of pool ownership!

Edit:

PS - I forgot to mention the new pool will be filled with well water, high in metallic content. If there are any special recommendations you have besides using a metal out type product, feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck on your renovation. Make sure you post lots of pic's as you know how everybody loves pictures.
I'm sure lots of people will help you out when you have questions.

Yes, I second this...especially Reno's we love em more than new builds some of us. Always interesting.

Welcome to the forum PoolESQ from New Mexico, we don't see a lot from your state too often. Enjoy the forum. :wave: