Not all Pool Stores are evil!

Jun 11, 2007
NorCal
I finally got around to taking in our Polaris to the local Pool Store to get fixed. It hadn't been working for months and I had been manually vacuuming the pool. It turns out that the jets were clogged. They charged me a whopping $4.99 ($5.40 with tax) for the fix. Best 5 bucks I've spent. :)

There is a national chain pool store closer to me, but having been "pool stored" by them before I found TFP, I refuse to go to them. I found this place when I needed advice on how to drain our pool during a storm. They talked me through it over the phone even though I had never set foot in their store before. They give me a two for one discount on liquid chlorine even if I forget to bring in the coupon, never try to sell me any chemicals, and give my kids free rubber duckies when we come in.

I use a locally based pool store chain for my monthly water anaylsis's. It is written into some of the warranties on my pool that I must have a monthly water analysis done by a pool store using a "computer".

In any case this pool store uses the same Taylor chemistry as the TF-100 and K-2005 to perform the testing. I have found them to be very responsive and at least on the owner's part concerned about the way the water testing is performed.

They are not all bad. I have a good one and they always tell me the cheapest things like chlorine to shock and another one that is real close to me that couldn't give a correct reading on my water sample if you paid them. They are always telling me I need this or that when I don't. To bad because they are only about 1 mile away and the one I go to is about 7 but worth the trip. They were also the ones that told me such great things about "The Pool Cleaner".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.